This list is perfect for anyone who’s looking for a movie to watch when they’re bored at home. This article will go over 15 movies about royal names, some of which are popular and well-known while others may be surprising or new to you!
* Ingrid (2013) This movie is about a woman who finds out she’s the daughter of King Olav V, but when he dies she can’t take over as Queen because it was his son Harald before her. She instead starts to work on changing Norway for women and children by building homes for them so they’ll have a place where they’re safe from abuse or harassment. * The Royal Tenenbaums (2001) Wes Anderson has done more than one film with royal names in them, this being one of them! Gene Hackman plays Royal Tennenburg, Alec Baldwin plays Chas Tenenbaum, and Anjelica Huston played Etheline Tenenbaum-style. This comedy follows three grown kids from a family who are now all grown up and coming together for the holidays. It’s hilarious to see how their personalities clash with one another as they try to get along, but Royal Tennenburg is at least trying his best so he can be happy with himself in the end! * The King’s Speech (2010) This movie is about Prince Albert (played by Colin Firth), who becomes king of England after an older brother dies unexpectedly. He struggles not only dealing with personal issues like stuttering, but also has trouble figuring out how to handle being a leader when war breaks out between Britain and Germany during World War II – what will happen if he fails?
* Anna Karenina (2012) If you’re interested in reading the book, you can find it here on Amazon – I recommend reading this one first before watching the movie. This is a story about Anna Karenina who falls in love with Count Vronsky and due to society’s judgement of her actions, she ends up committing suicide. What happens when they meet again in heaven?
* The Young Victoria (2009) This film follows Queen Victoria from childhood through adulthood as she struggles not only holding onto power for herself but also maintaining a relationship with Albert while taking care of their many children together. It shows how much work goes into being Queen even if all you want is to be an average person!
* Marie Antoinette (2006) If there’s anything worth getting into these days, it’s the French Revolution. Marie Antoinette, a beautiful and spoiled Queen of France who is later executed during this time period by her own people, becomes the personification of what was going wrong with their country at that point in history.
* Young Sherlock Holmes (1985) This movie follows Sherlock as he trains to become a detective whilst living in London under his strict Aunt Agatha – until he meets Dr. Watson! It isn’t long before they are solving crimes together and even meeting Moriarty for one memorable showdown on top of the Reichenbach Falls! I hope you enjoy it as much as my friends did when we watched it last summer.
Item Price: $99 Sold By Amazon Seller “Product Name” Description: This is a very popular product that people are buying!
* Titanic (1997) A love story set amongst the social and economic divide of high class passengers and low class passengers with little in-between. The majority of characters start out from different backgrounds, including rich aristocracy who have no care for those beneath them or poor labourers desperate to take their place on board this ‘unsinkable’ ship’s voyage. Their stories intertwine as they face the trials of life aboard an aging vessel which might just be about to meet its end during one fateful night where it sinks into icy waters below after hitting an iceberg. If you’re looking for something lighthearted then maybe not – but if you want a gripping tale full of heartbreak then I recommend it.
You might also like: Titanic (1997) The Princess Bride (1987) Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again (2018) Monarchy Rules OK – A Royal Guide to the British Crown Jewels at Tower of London’s Treasury Vault and Jewel House —
Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White et al. are all well-known fairytale princesses with their own stories that we’ve grown up reading about as children or watched on TV or in films by Disney over the years but what about some lesser known royals? Thankfully this list has you covered with 15 movies based around royalty which I’m sure will get your royal blood flowing..
Meryl Streep plays Margaret Thatcher who is elected Britain’s first female prime minister in a scene from the film, ‘The Iron Lady’.
This list might not be exhaustive or complete but it makes for some great viewing whether you’re on holiday suffering with jet lag and wishing to do something other than watch back-to-back episodes of Friends. These films will also take your mind off such things as Brexit, Trump’s presidency, racism and terrorism which we are all living through at this time – so let’s get watching!
15 Movies about Royal Names to Watch When You’re Bored at Home: ..
N/A (continued writing)